Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm African American,with shoulder length hair.How do I get my hair to grow longer without braiding it?Help!

I don't have the money to braid my hair,and I was wondering if there was any other way to grow my hair longer than what it is now?I'm African American,with shoulder length hair.How do I get my hair to grow longer without braiding it?Help!
The last time I let my hair grow out long, I just left it alone and let it grow. The best way to grow out black hair is to wash it, condition it, moisturize it, and wear it up. And avoid heat styling.





I straightened it myself using Motions mild-strength relaxer.





I washed my hair at least twice a week using a conditioning shampoo (try Motions, Keracare, or Aphogee).





I conditioned my hair. ALOT. I used a moisturizing conditioner every time I shampooed. I used a protein deep condioner to prevent breakage every other week.





I did NOT use any heat. AT ALL. I would use lots of leave-in conditioner to comb the tangles out. Then I would oil and moisturize my hair and pull my hair back into one tight braid and bundle it up with a small scrunchy. Then I would tie my hair up with a silk head wrap or with old pantyhose and just sleep on it. In the morning I would brush my edges smooth and wrap a few more scrunchies around my bun in the back to make sure that my ends were tucked under.





Also take a good vitamin. I recommend GNC hair skin %26amp; nail vitamins twice a day. And drink lots of water.I'm African American,with shoulder length hair.How do I get my hair to grow longer without braiding it?Help!
Try using Olive Oil hair spray on your scalp every night or every other night. If you like hair grease try using B%26amp;B supergro or TeaTree Gro. Where I'm from you can buy it from Sally's or Wal-mart. Wrap your hair at night. Make sure to condition every week. Clarify your hair at least once a month. Massage it at night. Most importantly handle your hair like delicate flower. It's a lot of work, but I promise your hair will take off like mine!





Trims also help too.
get ur friends to braid it tight everynight and always wash it good and brush it just whenever u dont need to brush it just when u wake up and go to bed whenever ur board just go brush ur hair..It will move alot of the dead hair and produce ne hair soooo.......get ur mom or someone to braid it for u.........
Just take care of your hair! Our hair is very different from most. Make sure you wrap your head with a a slik scarf every night before bed. Not doing this will cause your hair to break off constantly. You also need to get your conditioned at least 2-3 times a moth. This is what I do for my hair and I grows like weeds. Everyone tells me m hair looks likea wig!
Try longhaircareforum.com. Don't let the name worry you it,it will at least help you get on the right path in taking care/growing your hair. Also diet and eating the right foods are important,treat your ends. Maybe a friend can braid it for you..
Take care of your hair, protect from heat styling, get regular trims, use keratin hair products, take biotin vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment