Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Just Got My Hair Braided, How Can I Ensure My Hair Grows?

I got kinky twist today, and am probably keeping them in for about 6 weeks. Because of that I can't really wash my hair or anything that often, so how can I ensure my hair grows, without having to wash my hair?I Just Got My Hair Braided, How Can I Ensure My Hair Grows?
My hair always grows a lot when it's in braids. I actually wash my hair more often in braids than out, specifically if I have synthetic hair, because it bugs me quite a bit. Depending on size, you could wash your hair once a week, as normal. Just braid your twists together, and focus on washing and gently massaging the scalp, then rinse your hair thoroughly. Last time I had braids, I washed my hair three times a week. It doesn't really matter though. Make sure you oil your scalp at least a couple nights a week, and spray a braid moisturizer or something of that sort on your braids. Your hair will grow on it's own.... the beauty of having braids in is that they are very low maintenance. When you take them out (if you do this yourself) Make sure you cut your hair at the lowest possible spot (if you need to cut anything) This will ensure that you don't cut off much of your natural hair (if you got extensions) After you take out your braids, don't put any chemicals in it for at least one week, two if you can. Your hair is still fragile, and while you could get a relaxer with no issue, you don't want to risk lots of breakage. After you take out your braids, deep condition your hair really well, oil your scalp, moisturize well, etc. Your hair always grows in braids, but breakae may prevent you from seeing that growth. Ask your hair stylist about ';new growth'; in your hair if she doesn't tell you already. Your stylist should be able to tell how much new hair you've grown just by feeling your roots. That might give you some encouragement.I Just Got My Hair Braided, How Can I Ensure My Hair Grows?
hair growth has nothing to do with braids, and will grow on it's own, no matter what. but with you not having to style it, that will automatically keep breakage down.

No comments:

Post a Comment